How do you make decisions? SWOTs? Pros and cons? A coin flip? Gut feeling?
None of them beat the facts. At Typeform, the Data Operations team is making sure our data is correct, reliable, and widely accessible to everyone. And we know how important data is. That’s why our product helps people collect it in the best way possible, by making it conversational.
We believe that the role of Data Operations shouldn’t be limited to building dashboards and ETL processes: we envision a team in which we are all deeply involved with the business, working together with our top stakeholders to meet their needs for data discovery
Here’s Srdjan Nikitovic, our Architect:
“We’re encouraged to think big. Because today’s problems are nothing compared to the challenges we’ll be facing a year from now.”
Wouldn't you like to join us? We’re looking for a BI Developer to help drive Typeform to the gold-standard of data collection.
Typeform is transforming the way people ask for information online. Come be a part of it.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Liaise with other departments on behalf of the Data & Analytics team, collecting requirements and providing support on how to exploit the existing data.
- Support our Data Scientists to build awesome dashboards
- Take charge of the required data processing while ensuring a sustainable and organic growth of the infrastructure.
- Champion a healthy data culture throughout the organization.
Here’s what we’re after:
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Data Engineer, Business Intelligence/Big-Data Developer, Consultant, or similar.
- You’re an ace at data modeling, accustomed to designing and implementing complex architectures with a constant eye on their future evolution, while taking into account the needs of multiple users.
- You are proficient with one or more BI stacks (ETL & Visualization).
- You can take a complex concept and make it sound simple. You’re accomplished at orienting business users within the data domain, understanding their needs, and translating them into technical requirements to ultimately design effective BI solutions.
- You can code SQL in your sleep, optimizing queries for performance, scalability, and ease of maintenance.
- You have experience integrating data from multiple sources including DBs, product tracking, and APIs. You get excited by seeing your jobs run like clockwork.
- The word impossible—given the appropriate time and resources, of course—does not compute.
- You’re hungry to learn and embrace healthy debate.
- You’re fluent in English and eager to work in a multicultural, international environment.
And for some added bonus points:
- Experience with Tableau or Looker
- Experience with AWS Redshift or other distributed systems (Hadoop, Vertica, Exasol, etc.). Basic DBA skills.
- Experience in web analytics and web tracking and event based analytics tools like Amplitude.
- Experience with workflow managers (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- Experience with python/scala.
- A strong interest in analytics, data science, statistics, machine learning
Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—if you’ve got the data to back it up ;-)
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.