“Design Management is the shepherding of efforts and resources to maintain the big-picture vision and health of a project itself.”
-- Adaptive Path
We’re looking for an experienced and inspirational Product Design Manager to oversee the creative delivery and people management of our team and take Typeform to the next level. The team sits at the heart of what Typeform is and their skills include user research, interaction design, visual design, strategic thinking, and agile delivery.
As Head, you will also play a central role in establishing a strong culture of Design. Designers work in agile, cross-functional teams and also collectively as a Design team. Balancing these two is key. You will also collaborate closely with your counterparts in Product Development, Data, Marketing, Business, and Customer Success to balance inputs and strategy and deliver engaging and successful experiences for our users and partners.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Lead and grow the Product Design team.
- Help define and implement an inspiring, holistic product vision and design strategy to build delightful experiences for our customers across devices.
- Lead the recruiting and hiring process to attract talented designers.
- Help cultivate the design culture of the team and the company, including championing customer centered design thinking across the company.
- Shape and lead the design processes and practices of the team.
- Empower designers to deliver value within their cross functional teams and advocate for the customer, design thinking, and their ideas.
- Mentor and coach all levels of designers to deliver their best work and to grow as designers and individuals.
- Work very collaboratively with your cross functional partners and stakeholders.
Here’s what we’d like to see:
- You’ve got 6+ years of experience leading design teams, including a variety of design crafts (visual, interaction, prototyping, writing, user research, etc.), at companies of various sizes and stages of growth, ideally including agile environments and SaaS companies.
- You have an additional 7+ years of experience as a designer and independent contributor in a wide variety of design team sizes and structures.
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and sharpening your craft skills, sitting down next to your design team and exploring the possibilities of the product with them.
- You understand the role and the importance of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies in crafting consistent and compelling experiences.
- You are someone who knows they can learn from their team, their stakeholders and their colleagues as well as someone who feels confident about what they can contribute and teach.
- You are hungry to learn and evolve in all things - from leadership skills to design craft to process to leveraging industry and market trends.
- You embrace challenges with a proactive and action-oriented mindset.
- You can balance compassion and radical candor, skillfully employing both at the right moment.
- You are a fantastic communicator and motivator of others.
- You’re fluent in English—its our official language.
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.