Founded circa 2012 in Barcelona, Typeform was founded by two designers: David Okuniev and Robert Muñoz. Their mission? Make online forms a little more human. Today, Typeform works on the future of online forms. Powering your brand’s interactions with beautifully designed, professional-looking online forms that people just love. Create forms, surveys, quizzes (and so much more) to grow your audience, improve just about anything, and validate (or invalidate) your best ideas.
The most important interaction on the web is the exchange of information between a brand and its audience. And that exchange usually happens through online forms. We believe that even a utility like online forms should be remarkable. Our customers say they get more answers from their audience and even the occasional compliment. Make every interaction count.
Typeform is a team of nearly 200 people representing over 30 countries. Typeform is backed by fantastic investors – General Atlantic, Index Ventures, Point Nine Capital, RTAventures, and Connect Ventures. We have offices in Barcelona, Spain and in San Francisco, United States.
About the Role
As an Engineering Director, you will develop, manage, and empower a product development team of around 25 engineers (including 4-6 Team Leads), creating a productive, thriving, fast-paced + high-quality delivery, engineering culture.
What you will do:
- Manage and grow the assigned teams focusing on their development and growth so that everyone can make their biggest impact while thriving on their day to day job.
- Set ambitious goals for your team. Keep them engaged and improving themselves quarter over quarter.
- Improve your team capabilities by implementing a consistent method of continuous improvement and constantly identifying improvement opportunities and implementing them.
- Coach Team Leads in your colony.
- Keep motivated teams that feel proud of achieving the goals.
- Actively participate in the hiring process, ensuring that only the best talent (attitude + tech skills) join your teams.
- Deliver a revised architectural roadmap within your owned services that unlocks future product value, addresses mid-term scale risks, and improves our security.
- Contribute to the engineering department by doing meaningful process improvement proposals and ensuring the implementation plans are deployed and followed through the entire department.
- Lead key engineering department initiatives outside of your colony.
- Improve our visibility of key platform issues, by driving consistent methods of measuring our top 3 issues across all services (logging, performance, uptime).
- Deploy engineering best practices through the SDLC to ensure engineering output is top quality and your services technical debt is kept to a minimum.
- Improve predictability and pace of delivery by implementing a consistent method of continuous improvement across delivery teams on a continuous basis.
- Reduce degradation or interruption of service.
- Honor our defect fix internal SLA through all your teams.
- Identify, every quarter, the 3 top quality improvement initiatives and implement one.
- Co-create (with POps/CPeO) a fair and sustainable and fair talent assessment method.
- Have a strong understanding and track record of how to drive a thriving Engineering culture, with a proven experience having successfully managed and scaled teams form several tens to 100+ engineers.
- Have outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills, especially with respect to clearly communicating complex data-driven topics, and are able to keep the leadership informed, connected and engaged with Engineering priorities and challenges.
- Are able to drive sustainable growth within the Engineering organization, finding, retaining and developing top talent.
- Have experience managing engineering teams across multiple geographies, and with agencies/outsourced teams.
- Master the implementation of evaluation criteria and career planning for engineers and managers which address a healthy mix of technical & leadership skills.
- Are able to balance bottom-up contributions to architectural improvement with the practical needs of a rapidly scaling business.
- Are able to build a justifiable resourcing plan based on product and architecture roadmaps.
- Possess practical experience and tools to drive accountability and predictability for the business in roadmaps.
- Have experience partnering with Product Management to break down large, complex projects into multiple teams with rapid iterative milestones and clear outcomes, to produce a predictable product and engineering roadmaps.
- Excel at ensuring the correct software development process is in place and followed according to industry best practice and the needs of our organization.
- Use a data-driven approach to decision making.
- Have cloud-native experience and have developed products directly for the cloud, staying updated about the latest technologies and trends.
- Have a strong business understanding of how tech companies work, ideally SaaS ones.
- Have an advanced degree (Master’s, Ph.D.) in Computer Science or similar.
Sound good? Hit Apply now and show us what you’ve got.
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.