Different people employ different methods when it comes to making decisions. SWOTs, pros and cons, a coin flip, gut feeling...none of them beat the facts. At Typeform, the Data team is making sure it’s easy for data to become our #1 asset.
Typeform’s data needs are growing, and we need to find new technical solutions to respond to these needs—fast.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for an experienced data engineer to keep and grow our big data infrastructure for our analytics and machine learning projects, as well as expand and improve our ingestion data processes. All this to drive Typeform to the gold-standard of data collection and enable the organization to make data driven decisions.
Here’s Viola, one of our data scientists:
“In our team, collaboration between data scientists and data engineers is key. The ability to brainstorm continuously and define the needs for KPIs and dashboards together is crucial for getting actionable insights and building a solid knowledge base.”
Do you love diving into data projects? Do you dream in numbers? Do you see problems as challenges? Then come be a part of something big.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Provide expert advice, make architectural considerations, apply standards, find solutions, and employ best practices around data warehousing and business intelligence.
- Guide us through the full lifecycle of a big data solution: analyze what we need, select platforms, design technical architecture, design and develop applications, test, and deploy.
- Gather and process raw data at scale—write scripts, call APIs, write SQL queries—all to feed out data warehouse, machine learning processes, and our data lake.
- Understand how data flows within various systems, ensure data integrity and availability, and organize it properly for reporting and analytics.
- Work with other departments to meet their data needs, making the info clear for tech experts and newbies alike.
- Champion a healthy data culture throughout the organization.
- Join us for countless chats over coffees, beers, smoothies, hot soup (basically any liquid)
Here’s what we’re after:
- You’ve got 2 years’ experience as a data architect, data engineer, business intelligence/big data analyst, or consultant.
- You can code SQL in your sleep, optimizing queries for performance, scalability and ease of maintenance. You understand the specific characteristics of each tool.
- You enjoy designing Python-written data pipelines with Apache Airflow, Lambda, etc.
- You’ve got experience integrating data from multiple sources, including DBs, product tracking, and APIs.
- You get excited when your jobs are running like clockwork.
- You know about big data tools, Hadoop, and related sub-projects (Hive, Spark , HBase).
- You know about cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Google Cloud.
- You’ve got a background in computer science or strong programming skills in Python.
- You loving getting stuck in to juicy problems. The word impossible—given the appropriate time and resources, of course—does not compute.
- You’re hungry to learn and embrace healthy debate (who shot first?)
- You’re proficient in English and eager to work in a multicultural, international environment.
And for some added bonus points:
- You’ve got experience with AWS Redshift or other MPP databases (BigQuery, Vertica, Exasol, etc.). You’ve got basic DBA skills.
- You have experience with Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle) or Airflow.
- You have experience with modern BI tools (Tableau, Qlikview, Looker) and/or SaaS BI solutions (Amplitude, Mixpanel, etc.)
Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—if you’ve got the data to back it up ;-)
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.