At Typeform, we believe how you ask is everything. That's why we deeply care about building the most versatile data collection tool for professionals using advanced conversational user interfaces. We are continuously evolving and we want to revolutionize the industry. That's why we need help from the most experienced and skilled people.
We are looking for an experienced Frontend Team Lead that knows how to design complex applications in a microservice architecture. Someone who knows their __proto__ from their prototype. Someone who has solid experience in modern frontend libraries, like React, and who cares about performance, accessibility, maintainability, modularity, pragmatism, security, etc. Someone who enjoys working on applications that focus on gathering data in beautiful ways, providing the best user experience.
Does this sound like you? Join our Barcelona team composed of 44 different nationalities.
You’ll work closely with our designers in a cross-functional team creating unbeatable human experiences. You'll have an annual learning budget to continue growing your skills and give back to the community contributing to open source projects of your choice.
We put our hearts into everything we do—and we set ambitious goals to push things forward. Come help us shape the future of online data collection.
- Report to a Director of Engineering
- Have people management responsibilities for the engineers in your team.
- Have frequent 1-on-1 meetings with your direct reports.
- Be heavily involved in the end-to-end lifecycle of features, from concept to deployment.
- Ensure the successful growth of the team, encouraging personal development, and recruiting top talent.
- Contribute to technical and architectural decision-making, which aligns with the overall company and engineering strategy.
- Work in a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and product owners.
- Lead the team to produce high-quality code and continuously improve it.
- Help the team find and analyze pain points in the platform, and work together on strategic solutions to address them.
- Collaborate with other Leads to drive good software development practices across teams.
- Set up and maintain feedback loops with engineers to collect insights around codebase/infrastructure to inform Engineering strategic decisions.
- Work closely with product owners to align future goals and initiatives.
- Help the team manage tech debts and how to tackle them. Analyze and understand the impact of proposed Engineering initiatives, giving visibility of initiatives across the team and support their implementation.
Here’s what we’re after:
- You have experience managing and developing product engineers and teams.
- You’ve got experience working on a dynamic product that is ever-changing and evolving rapidly.
- You take ownership and feel responsible for the product as a whole. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty and working with legacy code.
- You have been a driver for good coding practices and principles.
- You’ve got experience leading a team through successful architectural and/or technical decisions.
- You’re comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool to get the job done.
- You can show us how you made an impact beyond a team or departmental level.
- Writing unit and integration tests are a given for you. You understand that quality is down to everybody.
- You show maturity in tradeoffs, make sound decisions, and plan well.
- You speak good English.
- You’re an empathetic person with a big appetite for success.
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.