How do you make decisions? SWOTs? Pros and cons? A coin flip? Gut feeling?
None of them beat the facts. At Typeform, the Data Operations team is making sure our data is correct, reliable, and widely accessible to everyone. And we know how important data is. That’s why our product helps people collect it in the best way possible, by making it conversational.
We believe that the role of Data Operations shouldn’t be limited to building dashboards and ETL processes: we envision a team in which we are all deeply involved with the business, working together with our top stakeholders to meet their needs for data discovery.
Here’s Victor Capel, one of our Data Engineers :
“At Typeform I have been able to see the impact of the work I do since day one, and specially when it comes to Data & Analytics team. Our data needs keep evolving, and so do we, solving today's challenges, learning from them & planning for the future ones”
Would you like to join us in the Data journey? We’re looking for a DWH Architect to help drive Typeform to the gold-standard of data collection.
Typeform is transforming the way people ask for information online. Come be a part of it.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Liaise with other departments on behalf of the Data & Analytics team, collecting requirements and providing support on how to exploit the existing data.
- Support our Data Scientists to build awesome dashboards.
- Be the point of reference when it comes to KPIs, business metrics & overall data stored in the DWH.
- Maintain & evolve our DWH, ensuring that the data shown there is easily accessible, reliable & accurate by designing Data Quality processes.
- Champion a healthy data culture throughout the organization.
Here’s what we’re after:
- You are an experienced Data Architect, Business Intelligence Developer, Consultant, or similar.
- You’re an ace at data modeling, accustomed to designing and implementing complex architectures with a constant eye on their future evolution while taking into account the needs of multiple users.
- You are proficient with one or more BI stacks (ETL & Visualization).
- You have proper DBA skills, with which you should ensure high standards in DWH data accessibility, integrity, security & performance monitoring.
- You can take a complex concept and make it sound simple. You’re accomplished at orienting business users within the data domain, understanding their needs, and translating them into technical requirements to ultimately design effective data solutions.
- You can code SQL in your sleep, optimizing queries for performance, scalability, and ease of maintenance.
- You have experience integrating data from multiple sources including DBs, product tracking, and APIs. You get excited by seeing your jobs run like clockwork.
- The word impossible—given the appropriate time and resources, of course—does not compute.
- You’re hungry to learn and embrace healthy debate.
- You’re fluent in English and eager to work in a multicultural, international environment.
And for some added bonus points:
- Experience with Looker or Tableau.
- Experience with AWS Redshift or other distributed systems (Hadoop, Vertica, Exasol, etc.).
- Experience in web analytics and web tracking, and event based analytics tools like Amplitude.
- A strong interest in analytics, data science, statistics and machine learning.
Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—if you’ve got the data to back it up ;-)