The world of business is undergoing a radical shift. Technology makes it easier to build products, or copy designs and features from competitors. And this is only the beginning. We're experiencing a cultural shift because there are so many viable options, people are exercising their power of choice. Today, people choose products or services that not only help them get their jobs done, but they can also choose a company for its values, its mission, and ultimately, its brand. Today, businesses need an edge.
At Typeform, our purpose is simple: we want to reinvent how brands and communities interact. We do this by building products that help brands stand out. We do this with content that inspires them to bring their best.
Typeform is a team of over 200 people representing 30 countries. We have offices in Barcelona, Spain, and San Francisco, United States.
About the role
You're a Senior Writer/Storyteller who cares about helping businesses create meaningful interactions. You’ll inspire and educate people on how to create better interactions with their audience. You’ll contribute ideas and perspectives that shape our brand through interactive content and innovative storytelling. You'll tell stories through different content types (articles, video, audio, Typeform, VideoAsk, etc.) and for every channel. You know the power of SEO to maximize the reach of your content. You'll also help distribute content through social media, partners, and other promotional channels. And you’ll do all this for Typeform’s core product and VideoAsk.
Here’s Paul, our Director of Brand and Communications:
“We pride ourselves in the way we tell stories. We believe that great storytelling is a must in building a meaningful brand. We need fresh perspectives and diverse voices to help bring our brand into the 2020s and beyond.”
You’ll report to the Head of Content as part of the Brand & Communications pillar within the Marketing team. You’ll work with key people from our Marketing and Creative teams.
Do you have a passion for storytelling? A strategic mind that knows how to use words to drive results? Then keep reading...
What you’ll do
- Tell stories that help people understand the power of interactions, and how caring for the details of moments can have big results on business outcomes.
- Educate our readers on how to approach and overcome their most painful challenges—from creating interactive experiences that get the results they need, to making progress on their jobs to be done.
- Make the customer feel like they’re the center of the universe through empathy, user research, and content experiences that address their needs.
- Get involved at every stage of content creation—brainstorming, researching, writing, editing, design input, distribution, and analysis.
- Drive traffic and Content/Marketing Qualified Leads (C/MQL) through innovative content and lead generation tactics, and design nurturing flows to keep C/MQLs engaged with our brand and product.
- Create content in collaboration with industry experts and customers using Typeform for their business through interviews, customer stories, and end-to-end content journeys.
- Become an expert on how our product helps people with their jobs to be done by working alongside Typeform & VideoAsk customers to improve their results, and creating content based on the experience and learnings.
- Explore unique ways to connect our brand content to our product (Typeform, VideoAsk).
- Contribute to marketing campaigns through unique longform editorial content, video scripts, and interactive experiences.
- Use known SEO tactics and techniques to maximize the reach of our content, including backlink outreach, influencer collaboration, and on-page optimization.
- Analyze existing content to understand what’s driving the most and best traffic and to propose new content ideas.
What we're after
- You’re a native English speaker
- You have exceptional writing and copywriting skills
- You have excellent communication skills: written and spoken. You get ideas across clearly to people in different roles, from different departments.
- You empathize with users and their frustrations
- You can prioritize and switch focus quickly
- You’re great at collaborating—you’re a good listener, problem-solver, idea evangelist, and you deliver on deadline
- You have solid SEO understanding and how to implement it as a key growth lever.
- You have a strong understanding of different marketing disciplines, like social media, paid channels, product marketing, email, etc. You understand how they impact each other and the user journey.
- You’re proactive and recognize opportunities for new and better content
- You give really good feedback (and take it too)
- You fix processes that are broken and set up new ones if they’re needed
It would be great if you also
- Have a good understanding of tools such as Contentful or other content management system (CMS)
- Have experience with multimedia and video content: storyboarding, scriptwriting, video editing, etc.
- Have a solid understanding of customer journey mapping
- Have extensive experience conducting interviews with ideal customer profiles and industry leaders
- You understand the principles of UX and interaction design
- You have experience with user testing and/or UX research
- You’ve worked in SaaS or tech startup
- You’ve worked in an Agile environment
- You’ve written an obscure TV sitcom that only aired in New Zealand
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be an equal opportunity workplace.