Lead Backend Engineer
We need you to help us evolve. Thousands of people are using typeforms to get quality information. Our conversational approach goes beyond data to empathize with—and get closer to—people.
What does the future of conversational data collection look like? How will you power it?
We need a dedicated Lead Backend Engineer to join our team of 44 different nationalities in Barcelona.
We’re building the next generation of functionality for Typeform while paving the way for external developers to do the same.
We put fun at the heart of everything we do—and set ambitious goals to push things forward. Come help us shape the future of online data collection.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Identify areas where we could improve how all of our distributed architecture elements work individually and together.
- Help our engineers be more efficient at performing their jobs through best practices, applying patterns, coaching.
- Implement and document code in the form of libraries, modules, frameworks, etc. that can be seamlessly integrated into new and existing codebases.
- Architect solutions around observability, scalability, reliability, security, versioning, etc.
- Be responsible for your own code and service domain bearing in mind customers and colleagues
- Work with engineers across all teams to gather feedback and guide solutions and ensure they are successfully adopted.
- Work with the Director of Engineering, CTO and Ops team to guide the technology direction of Typeform.
- Team up with developers, quality assurance engineers, designers, product owners, and agile coaches.
- Grow—use your annual learning budget to take courses and go to conferences.
Here’s what we’re after:
- Deep experience in your chosen technologies and frameworks. You don't only use these tools, you know how they are built and why they work the way they do.
- Experience contributing or building frameworks and libraries meant to be used by other developers.
- You have instrumented code to enable logging, metrics, tracking, distributed tracing, alerting, distributed configuration, etc.
- You’re comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool to get the job.
- You show maturity in tradeoffs, make sound decisions, and translate ideas and needs into actionable plans at various levels (roadmaps, milestones, sprints, tasks, etc.).
- You are a great empathetic communicator with a big appetite for success. You can influence others, you follow through and you speak great English.
- You can show us how you made an impact beyond a team or departmental level.
And for some added bonus points:
- You are an experienced Gopher.
- You are well versed in Enterprise Integration and Architectural Patterns in practice.
- You have been part of teams that deliver solutions for other engineers teams.
- You consider yourself a DevOps practitioner.
- You have contributed to Open Source projects continuously.
- You've got experience delivering solutions in an environment that's evolving rapidly.
- You have experience improving operational aspects of running a microservice-based engineering organization.
- You’ve worked in a live product and provided support to customers even eventually being on-call"
Sound good? Hit Apply now and show us what you’ve got.
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.