At Typeform, we believe how you ask is everything. That's why we deeply care about building the most versatile data collection tool for professionals using advanced conversational user interfaces. We are continuously evolving and we want to revolutionize the industry. That's why we need help from the most experienced and skilled people.
We’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer in Test to head up our Infrastructure Quality team. You’ll create tools to help engineering teams develop, test, debug, and get software out the door quickly.
Here’s Toni, our Software Development Engineer in Test:
“We're a small team but crucial for Typeform's next chapter. If you love making other people's lives easier, this job's for you.”
Do you have a bug-busting instinct? Do you have strong technical skills? Do you love building and maintaining testing frameworks? If so, come to help us shape the future of Typeform—and the industry.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Reporting to Director of Infrastructure, line management responsibilities for Infrastructure Quality team (currently planned for 4 engineers, including yourself)
- Ensure the health of the Infrastructure Quality team, encouraging personal development, and recruiting top talent.
- Design and implement quality standards for our projects, leading a dedicated Infrastructure Quality team that helps other teams achieve testing excellence.
- Lead a community of quality-minded engineers to help define our quality strategy, in collaboration with Technology senior management.
- Coach product teams on how to improve their implementation of engineering quality principles.
- Help teams understand and set up performance metrics, tests and, other quality concerns.
- Help engineering teams understand, design and set up performance metrics, tests and, other quality metrics. Provide tools to monitor and measure them. Share knowledge with fellow test engineers.
- Create education on Quality best practices in Engineering.
- Try to beat the high score on the arcade machine we built.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have have led and managed a team of engineers with a focus on quality.
- You are experienced in testing both monoliths and microservices architectures, as well as frontend and backend applications.
- You have hands-on experience, which means you code on a daily basis using engineering principles. You can apply these skills and coach others.
- You’ve built software solutions using CI/CD processes. Our stack includes Docker, Travis, and Jenkins.
- You know how to identify test needs and implement them into the proper testing levels such as unit, functional, integration, contract, etc.
- You genuinely care about the quality of the product and testing.
- You build strong relationships because you’re friendly and approachable.
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.