One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 270 people from more than 30 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the team
Typeform is making data collection more conversational. And we’re evolving like never before. But we’re still young, and you’ll get to shape the future of this company—beyond that, the industry.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Senior Backend Engineer to join our team of 35 different nationalities in Barcelona.
Here’s Marc, one of our Engineers:
“Our user base is growing fast, which brings new and interesting challenges everyday. As a engineer, you’ll help future-proof our current architecture, and impact critical decisions going forward. You’ll grow professionally, and help others do the same.”
You’ll be joining us in our transition from monolith to microservices architecture. As a high-growth organization, we need an architecture that scales in a big way—by at least 20x, to be exact.
Come help us scale, integrate Typeform with other platforms, and find the right solutions for the right problems. You’ll help us pick up the pace when it comes to delivering real value to our users.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Get busy with the end-to-end lifecycle of features, from concept to deployment.
- Contribute to technical and architectural decision-making.
- Work in a motley crew of engineers, designers, product owners.
- Grow—use your annual learning budget to take courses and go to conferences. There’ll be plenty of other opportunities for advancement, such as mentoring, internal talks and workshops.
- Grow others—use your experience to help colleagues achieve their goals.
- Give back to the community—take one workday a month to contribute to an open source project of your choice.
Here’s what we’re after:
- You’re comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool to get the job done. Even better, you’re comfortable with not just one but several technologies from our stack: Go and PHP.
- You've got experience working with AWS and Kafka
- You take ownership and feel responsible for the product as a whole. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty, and work with legacy code.
- You have educated teams around good coding practices and principles.
- You’ve got experience guiding a team through successful architectural and/or technical decisions.
- You can show us how you made an impact beyond a team or departmental level.
- You’ve got a testing mindset—writing the right kind of test is a given for you.
- You understand that quality is down to everybody.
- You show maturity in tradeoffs, make sound decisions, and plan well.
- You speak English.
- You’re an empathetic person with a big appetite for success.
Sound good? Hit Apply now and show us what you’ve got.
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.