Founded circa 2012 in Barcelona, Typeform was founded by two designers: David Okuniev and Robert Muñoz. Their mission? Make online forms a little more human. Today our purpose is simple: to reinvent how brands and communities interact, so they can bring their best to every interaction.
We believe that when people bring their best to every interaction, good things happen. We also believe that the most important interaction on the web is the exchange of information, and that exchange usually happens through online forms. As technology evolves, we want to continue to help companies bring their best to their communities, so they get the data they need to grow their organizations. Join us in making every interaction count.
Typeform is a team of over 200 people representing 30 countries. Typeform is backed by fantastic investors – General Atlantic, Index Ventures, Point Nine Capital, RTAventures, and Connect Ventures. We have offices in Barcelona, Spain and in San Francisco, United States.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Writer/Copywriter who’s just as obsessed with words as we are. You’ll convey the company’s voice and tone in our template gallery, landing pages, blog posts, ad copy, video scripts, marketing campaigns, and pretty much anywhere else we make word babies. You’ll get involved at every stage of content creation—brainstorming, writing, editing, design input, analysis, and optimization. And you’ll do all this for Typeform’s core product and also VideoAsk.
Here’s Paul, our Director of Brand and Communications:
“This is an opportunity to help develop our unique brand voice, inspire people to do better work and get better results, and practice what we preach—make every interaction count.”
You’ll report to the Head of Content as part of the Demand Generation swarm within the Marketing team. You’ll work with key people from our Marketing, Data, and Creative teams.
Do you have a strategic mind that knows how to use words to drive results? Then keep reading...
What you’ll do
- Grab clicks in ads, trigger action on landing pages, engage leads in nurturing emails, spark excitement through onboarding emails, and pique curiosity with new product releases.
- Use your knowledge of SEO best practices to maximize the reach of content in our template gallery, landing pages, and longform articles.
- Own copy that drives conversions, increases click through rates, and impacts key project-specific metrics.
- Team up with designers, strategists, and data analysts to create meaningful campaign concepts and content for new and existing customers.
- Work with contractors creating content for Typeform, providing guidance and feedback on their projects and editing their work.
- Seek the elusive balance between conversion optimization best practices and maintaining Typeform’s brand and voice across landing pages, emails, ads, and all those other spots words can appear.
- Experiment with drastically different concepts and copy approaches to the same objective (A/Z testing), and apply CRO best practices to optimize, optimize, optimize.
- Analyze existing content to understand what’s driving the most and best traffic to propose new content ideas.
What we're after
- You’re a native/native-level English speaker
- You’re the person people come to for any copy project—conversion and creative—because you’re damn good at it
- You have excellent communication skills: written and spoken. You get ideas across clearly to people in different roles, from different departments.
- You’re obsessed with SEO, because you know its potential to impact a business and to answer customer’s questions, and you know how to implement it as a key growth lever.
- You have a strong understanding of different marketing disciplines, like content, social media, paid channels, product marketing, lifecycle, etc. You understand how they impact each other and the user journey.
- You empathize with users and their frustrations.
- You’re great at collaborating, deliver to deadlines, and give really good feedback (and take it too).
- You’re proactive and recognize opportunities for new and better content and content journeys.
- You fix processes that are broken and set up new ones if they’re needed.
- You’re a self-starter, who can prioritize your own workload, switch focus quickly, and deal with ambiguity
It would be great if you also
- You have a good understanding of tools such as Contentful or other content management system (CMS)
- You have experience with multimedia and video content: storyboarding, scriptwriting, video editing, etc.
- You have a solid understanding of customer journey mapping
- You understand the principles of UX and interaction design
- You have experience with user testing and/or UX research
- You’ve worked in an Agile environment
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be an equal opportunity workplace.