Want to stop people accessing your typeform before you’ve finished making it, or close it once a deadline has passed? You can do this with a couple of clicks from the Create panel.
This little trick will help you unpublish your typeform in an elegant way, hiding it from view, without deleting it from your account or making it unavailable to users (see Private and Public – the two modes of your typeform).
How to close a typeform to entries
1. Open your typeform and click on the Question settings icon in the Welcome Screen.
2. Flick the Button switch to turn the button off. You’ll notice in the Live preview panel that it has now disappeared. Remember to hit the Save changes button in the top right of the interface!
Why close a typeform instead of deleting it?
- The data you’re working with will remain stored in your Typeform account. In case you do want to delete your typeform, make sure you export your results first.
- You can duplicate the typeform anytime you need to launch a very similar one.
- Your users will see the typeform’s Welcome Screen. If they navigate to your typeform after your campaign deadline, they won’t find an error message waiting for them but your branded Welcome Screen instead.
- You can use your Typeform account as a repository of all your typeform campaigns and organize them into Workspaces.