You can connect typeforms to your MailChimp account, and use them to populate your email lists. This means you can use Typeform for registration and lead generation, and get the contact details you collect automatically added to your MailChimp email list.
To use this integration, you need a PRO or PRO+ Typeform account, and a MailChimp account with a list of email subscribers. This is where the contacts you collect with your typeform will go. You also need a typeform with a Short or Long Text block to collect names, and an Email block to collect email addresses.
Here’s how to build a simple registration form that you can integrate with your MailChimp account.
1. Open the typeform you want to connect, from your Workspace, then go to the Integrate panel and click on Integrations. Now you’ll see a button to Connect to MailChimp:
2. Click this button, and a menu will slide over, prompting you to log in to your MailChimp account. Click Log in to MailChimp, and a window will pop-up allowing you to enter your account details.
3. Now you’re logged in, choose which MailChimp list you want to use with your typeform. Remember this is only for collecting names and email addresses. Only MailChimp lists which have email and name fields can be used.
4. Next you should choose which Email block in your typeform will send data to MailChimp. Click on the drop-down menu to see the available blocks.
5. Now you can choose to add a name to the MailChimp list too:
If you click Nope, I’m done, skip to step 7.
6. Click Sure thing!, and you’ll see all the possible questions that you can take name data from your typeform:Remember, if you want to collect name data, these blocks must be Short or Long Text.
7. Next, click I’m done, and your integration will be tested. If it’s successful, you’ll see the message below. Click Save & Close, and your integration is ready to go!
Now when people complete your typeform, the email and name data will appear in your MailChimp list automatically.
8. You can now see an integration switch in the Integration panel:Click this switch to turn your integration off or on again.
Required fields in MailChimp and Typeform
If you have fields in your MailChimp list which are set as Required, then the corresponding fields in your typeform must also be set as Required. If not, you will see a warning message, and the integration will fail.
Currently, if you have other Required fields in your MailChimp list, you will have to change them to not Required, or the integration will not work. You will see a warning message if this is the case.