You can connect typeforms to your MailChimp account, and use them to populate your email lists. This means you can use Typeform for registration and lead generation, and get the contact details you collect automatically added to your MailChimp email list.
To use this integration, you need:
– Tags set up in MailChimp (if required)
– A typeform with an Email question set to required, and a picture/multiple choice or dropdown question to connect with tags if needed.
Here’s how to build a simple registration form that you can integrate with your MailChimp account.
Setting up the integration
1. Open the typeform you want to connect, from your Workspace, then go to the Connect panel and click on Integrations. Now you’ll see a button to Connect to MailChimp:
2. Click this button, and a menu will slide over, prompting you to log in to your MailChimp account. Click Log in to MailChimp, and a window will pop-up allowing you to enter your account details.
If you already have a MailChimp account connected to your Typeform account, you’ll be able to select it from a dropdown menu.
3. Now you’re logged in, choose which MailChimp list you want to use with your typeform.
4. Next you should choose which Email question in your typeform will send data to MailChimp. Click on the drop-down menu to see what’s available (remember, the Email question must be set to Required).5. Now you can choose to connect any other question from your typeform to a text field in your MailChimp list, or simply press Continue if email is all you need. You can connect any Typeform question to any MailChimp text field (no other field types are compatible at the moment).
Click +Add another, then select a typeform question from the left dropdown menu, and a corresponding MailChimp field from the right dropdown. You can connect as many as you like.
Here you can see I’ve connected a few:
If you make a mistake, just click the trash icon on the right of each connected field. Click Continue when you’re done.
6. If you’re using tags in MailChimp to segment or filter your contacts, you can connect them to a Picture/Multiple Choice or Dropdown question.
First select your question from the top dropdown:
Next, we’ll connect your question answers to tags. I have tags in MailChimp set up by industry. So I added a Multiple Choice question to my typeform asking leads what industry they work in.
Connect these answers one at a time by selecting an answer from the left dropdown menu, and then selecting a tag from the right menu. Click + to keep connecting more.
Here are my answers, connected to corresponding tags:
You can then set a tag to be added for every typeform submission. For example, I could have a “Typeform” tag in Mailchimp, so every time I get a lead via this typeform, I’ll be able to filter out those contacts with ease.
Click Continue when you’re done.
7. Next you’ll see this message:Click I’m done.
8. All you need to do now is click the Activate integration button, and your typeform is connected to MailChimp:Now when people complete your typeform, the email and name data will appear in your MailChimp list automatically.
9. You can now see an integration switch in the Connect panel:Click this switch to turn your integration off or on again.
Required fields in MailChimp and Typeform
If you have fields in your MailChimp list which are set as Required, then the corresponding questions in your typeform must also be set as Required. If not, you will see a warning message, and the integration will fail.
Currently, if you have other Required fields in your MailChimp list, you will have to change them to not Required, or the integration will not work. You will see a warning message if this is the case.