Getting Slack notifications for new typeform entries
If you want to receive typeform notifications or form information in Slack, you can do that using Zapier.
You will need:
- Getting your accounts ready
- Connecting your accounts
Getting your accounts ready
To connect your Typeform account to Zapier, you will need an active Typeform account, and an active form. For more on getting started with Typeform, including creating your first typeform, go here. To learn more about getting started with Typeform on Zapier, start here.
To link your Typeform account to Slack, you must have an active Slack account. You may want to familiarize yourself with Slack formatting in advance. You can learn more about getting started with Slack on Zapier here.
Connecting your accounts
Click here to Get Slack notifications for new typeform entries.
- Choose your Typeform account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
- To connect a new Typeform account you will need to plug in your personal API key, found under the API heading in the My Account section of your Typeform account.
- Choose the Forms you wish to use from your Typeform account.
- Choose your Slack account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
- Type a channel to broadcast the message to, via the Slackbot. You may select your own or someone else’s username instead of a channel. This will send the message directly to this user instead of a channel broadcast.
- Type the message text that you wish sent whenever a new item has been posted.
- Click Save + Finish.
Now test the Zap to make sure it works. Once you’re satisfied with the results, you will receive a Slack notification whenever your Typeform receives a new entry.
For more inspiration, read how Andrew Mewborn built a community with Slack and Typeform.