When making changes to a typeform that’s already live (collecting responses), here are a few guidelines we recommend you follow.
You can do any of the following even while the form is live:
- Toggle the Multiple Selection button
- Tweak the design
- Correct a typo
- Add/remove images or videos
- Add/remove or move question fields
- Hide a question field with Logic Jumps: add a Logic Jump to the previous question and set “ALWAYS jump to <add the Question that follows the one you’d like to hide here>”.
Toggle the Multiple selection button
You can toggle the Multiple selection button on Picture Choice /Multiple Choice questions once you’ve collected results. However, if you do so you will see a warning, as this will delete results collected on that question forever!
If you want to use this toggle without losing results, you have two options. Export those results before they are lost, or duplicate your typeform and make changes to that one.
When creating a copy of your typeform only the structure will be duplicated, not the results. So you keep your results so far in the original typeform, and can edit and re-share the duplicated version to get more results.
Add/remove or move question fields
If you’d like to add or remove questions that have already collected results, the best practice is to follow these steps:
- Make your typeform private so respondents cannot access it while you are doing maintenance work.
- Export your results into an .XLS spreadsheet so you won’t lose them (if you remove questions, all results collected for that question will also be removed!).
- Remove the data collected under the Results > Responses section – select all the answers then click the Delete button at the bottom.
- Now you can make changes to the typeform’s questions and structure.
- Remember to switch your typeform back to public once you’ve applied the necessary changes!