When making changes to a typeform that’s already live (collecting responses), here are a few guidelines we recommend you follow.
You can do any of the following even while the form is live:
- Toggle the Multiple Selection button
- Tweak the design
- Correct a typo
- Add/remove images or videos
- Add/remove or move question fields
- Hide a question field with Logic Jumps: add a Logic Jump to the previous question and set “ALWAYS jump to <add the Question that follows the one you’d like to hide here>”.
Toggle the Multiple selection button
You can enable it by deleting the results to that question, or by duplicating the typeform (which means sharing a new typeform URL):
1. Delete results (remove data)
If you remove the data, the switch will become available. To delete your data, you need to go to your Analyze panel > Results section and select all the answers then click on the trash icon in the top right corner. You may want to export your data first, so you won’t lose it.
2. Duplicate your typeform
You can also create a copy of your typeform and the Multiple selections button switch will be enabled in the copy. That is because only the structure will be duplicated, not the results. This way you can keep previous data, although this means that you’ll have to redistribute the URL of the new typeform.
Add/remove or move question fields
If you’d like to add or remove questions that have already collected results, the best practice is to follow these steps:
- Make your typeform private so respondents cannot access it while you are doing maintenance work.
- Export your results into an .XLS spreadsheet so you won’t lose them (if you remove questions, all results collected for that question will also be removed!).
- Remove the data collected under the Analyze panel > Results section – select all the answers then click on the trash icon in the top right corner.
- Now you can make changes to the typeform’s questions and structure.
- Remember to switch your typeform back to public once you’ve applied the necessary changes!