The Picture Choice question is a visual version of Multiple Choice. You can use it to make striking typeforms that fit your brand image.
Unlike Multiple Choice questions, you can add images to each option with a Picture Choice question. You can label each picture choice if you like, and also select from two image sizes, using the Supersize button. Upload images from your computer, or use our Unsplash-powered library.
How to use the Picture Choice questions
1. To add a Picture Choice question, simply select it from the Questions menu when editing or creating your typeform:2. Type in your question, then hit Enter to move on to your choices, then use the Enter key for every additional choice. Note that each choice must contain text in order to move to the next choice (you can hide the labels later if you need to – read on for more details).
Hitting Enter twice closes your Picture Choice question and opens your next question.
3. Now you’ll want to add your images. Click the icon next to each of your answers, which will allow you to choose an image to upload.
1: To open the Picture Choice settings, click the icon next to your question:
2. You’ll find the standard question settings at the top, where you can change question type, make it Required, add a Description and so on:
3. Below these, you have additional settings for your Picture Choice question:
4. Show labels.
By default, Show labels is switched on. This displays the text below each picture.
Here’s what they look like with labels:Here’s what they look like with labels turned off:
5. Supersize.This will make your images bigger. We auto-crop images to an aspect ratio of 4:3 – you can use the Live Preview panel to see how your images are affected.
Here’s an example with two images – a landscape cat photo and a portrait dog photo (both taken from the Unsplash library).
Note how the dog image has been cropped to fit 4:3 ratio.
6. Multiple selection.If you switch on the Multiple selection toggle, your respondents will be able to select as many answers as they wish.
7. Randomize.You can randomize the possible answers, so each time someone fills in the typeform, the choices will appear in a different order.
8. Add “Other” option.Click this switch to add an Other answer option to your Picture Choice question. This will mean there’s an extra field for people to write in another answer.