With this integration, you can send information from a typeform to an Airtable base. From collecting leads for your sales CRM to organizing an event, you can use the conversational feel of Typeform to populate your Airtable.
What you need:
- An Airtable account with a base and table set up.
- A PRO Typeform account.
- A typeform with questions corresponding to your Airtable fields.
Typeform offers a neat way to collect information and send it to an Airtable. The first thing you’ll need to do is create the typeform that will feed your Airtable. For every Airtable field you want to send information to, you need a corresponding question in your typeform.
For this tutorial, we’re using an event planning Airtable, and a typeform with questions that correspond to each field. So, the Date field has a corresponding typeform Date question, and so on. Once you’ve made a typeform, with questions for all the information you want to collect in Airtable, you can set up the integration.
1. Open your typeform from your Workspace, then go to the Connect panel. Find the Airtable integration, and click the Connect button:
2. First we’ll ask you to connect your Airtable account, click Log into Airtable:3. Now you’ll need to get your Airtable API key. This gives your typeform access to your Airtable. To find it, open a new browser tab and log into Airtable. Go to Account, and then click Generate Key:4. Use CTRL+C to copy this key into your clipboard, then go back to your typeform tab, and use CTRL+V to paste your key here:Click Continue once you’ve pasted in your API key.
5. Now your accounts are linked! It’s time to choose the base you want to connect to:6. Next, you’ll choose the table you want to send data to:7. Time for the really important part: connecting your typeform questions to their corresponding fields.
Choose a question from the left dropdown, then click on the right dropdown to find the corresponding Airtable field.
Here you can see our typeform questions on the left:And on the right, the valid Airtable fields:Here are our questions and fields connected:After connecting each question, click +Add another, and when you’ve finished, click Continue.
8. Next you’ll see this screen, click Activate integration:9. That’s it! Back on the Connect panel, you can now see your Airtable integration is live:Use the green switch to turn your integration on and off. Click the three dots symbol if you want to delete your integration.
10. To finish, open your typeform and test it, making sure to click Submit at the end. Now check the information has landed in your Airtable correctly. You’ll see your new data submission almost immediately. Then you can delete this test submission in Airtable, share your typeform as needed and let your data roll in, hands-free!
List of Typeform questions and compatible Airtable field types
Check which Airtable fields are compatible with your typeform’s questions here. Some question types are compatible with multiple field types: