Get an email notification each time someone submits your typeform.
Typeform has two email notification systems: Self Notifications can be sent to any email address you choose, and Respondent Notifications go to the people who respond to your typeform. Both can be configured from your typeform’s Create panel.
How to use Self Notifications
Adding Self notifications is easy. Follow these steps:
1. Open a typeform from your Workspace.
2. Now you’ll see the Create panel. On the left, there is a bell icon: click this to open notification options.
3. At the top of the notifications menu you can choose between Self and Respondent Notifications. Choose Self Notifications.
4. Now you’ll see the following:
5. Add your email, or the address you want all notifications to be sent to, in the Send a notification to field.
6. The Reply to field can include an email collected in your typeform, but only if it has an Email block.
7. You can now choose what information to include in your Self Notification.
You can write any text you like in the Subject and Message fields, and also include Variables from your typeform.
In the Subject or Message fields, click the green + symbol, to open the Variables dropdown menu, where you can find all of the below:
What will my notification look like?
Here’s an example Self Notification email:
If you have a File Upload block, your notification will include a link to the file, but not the file itself. Unanswered questions will be displayed as “nonexistent-field”.
Schedule regular email reports
If you don’t want a notification every time your typeform is completed, you can turn off Self Notifications, and set up a scheduled report using Digest by Zapier. Read more about Digest by Zapier on our blog, and our complete instructions to setting it up for your typeforms.