Set up Self notifications to get notified each time a respondent completes and submits one of your typeforms. It’s incredibly easy to do and a free feature!
Typeform offers two email notification systems: those you want to send to yourself, called “Self notifications”, and those you want to send to your respondents, called “Respondent notifications”. Both can be configured on your typeform’s Configure Panel.
Why set up Self notifications?
Do you want to know in real time when your respondents are submitting their responses without having to login to your typeform account? Perhaps, you also want to have the answers to your typeforms sent directly to your email…
Self notifications allow you to receive an email each time a respondent submits your typeform, as well as customize the information (answers) you send to yourself about your typeform.
With Self Notifications you can:
- Know each time someone submits a response to your typeform
- See your answers without logging into your account
- Share submissions & results with others
Add Self notifications to your typeform
Adding Self notifications is easy. Follow these steps:
- Open your typeform from your Workspace.
- Now that you’re in your typeform’s Build Panel, go into your Configure Panel.
- Open the section Self notifications,
- and activate Self notifications by toggling the button.
- You can customize Self notifications (see details further down)
- Make sure you hit the Update settings button.
Customizing your Self notifications
You also have the possibility to customize the automated Self notification message you receive in your email.
What you can customize:
1. Which email or emails you would like the Self notifications sent to.It’s also possible to add multiple email addresses (just separate them with a comma) or replace the default one by a new one
2. Whom you “Reply to”Remember this will only be an option if you have asked your respondents for their email or you passed an email address in a Hidden Field.
3. What appears in the Subject of email by using the + Add variable from the drop down menu
4. What you find in the Message of the email by using the+ Add variable from the drop down menu: this includes which answers you would like to see in the message of the email.You can choose to see: all answers, no answers, or answers to specific questions.
5. What free-text message you would like to include in the body of the message
What will it look like in an email?
Check out the screenshot below. This is what the Self notification email will look like in your inbox.
Schedule regular email reports
If you don’t want a notification every time your typeform is completed, you can turn off Self Notifications, and set up a scheduled report using Digest by Zapier. Read more about Digest by Zapier on our blog, and our complete instructions to setting it up for your typeforms.