v2 is a new way to make typeforms. It introduces a new faster, simpler and more intuitive flow. The new builder is really flexible and has a live preview so you can always see exactly what your typeform will look like. With this new workflow, we’ve found people can make typeforms faster. We’re excited about it, and can’t wait for you to try it out!
All of this means we’ve moved some things around. But don’t worry! This article will help you find your way around our new interface.
Why are we building it?
We want to make building typeforms more natural and faster. We’re also redesigning the platform so it’s easier for us to add new features in the future.
We want to expand the potential of what you can do with a typeform, and this means making some changes. You’ll still be able to make the typeforms like before, and you’ll soon be able to do more, too.
Find out more about the thinking behind v2 over on our blog.
Remember, this is an Alpha phase, so you can expect tweaks, changes and new features during this phase.
How is v2 organized?
Typeform v2 has four panels – Create, Integrate, Share and Results. If you already use Typeform, you’ll notice right away that there is no more Design or Configure panel. Don’t worry – we’ve moved those features to the new Create panel.
This is where you’ll build your typeform.
Create is the new name for Build. As well as allowing you to make typeforms, you can now use this panel to set up self and respondent notifications, and add your design.
Here’s what you’ll see when you start a new typeform. Each number is explained below.
1. The Editor is where you create your questions. Just start typing, and hit Enter to write a new question. You can change the question type at any time.
2. Blocks. Each block is a different question type. Click a block to add it to your typeform, or drag it across and write the question you want. This is where you’ll find Hidden Fields in v2.
Here are all the blocks you’ll find:
3. Block Settings. Here you can change settings for each of your blocks – e.g. set it as required, add piping, insert images and videos, etc.
4. Design. Choose a color theme for your typeform, or create your own. You can also save the themes you create, for use in any other typeform in your account. This is also where you can upload a background image, which will appear throughout your typeform.
5. Logic Jump. Click here to add Logic Jumps to any valid block. Find out more here.
6. Calculator. Click here to add calculations to your blocks. Find out more here.
7. Notifications. Set up self and respondent notifications here. You can choose to receive an email every time someone completes your typeform, and send an email to them, if you want.
8. Settings. This is where you choose language, toggle the progress widget bar, Typeform branding, and redirect on submitting. This is also where you can add your Google Analytics tracking code.
9. Click this button to revert to the original v1 interface. We’ll keep supporting V1 at least until development of v2 is over.
10. Clicking Save changes will make your typeform live and public, and you can now share it. Click the padlock icon to toggle between public and private. In Private mode, people won’t be able to see or complete your typeform, which is useful if you want to make changes or update it.
11. In the Live Preview, you can see your typeform being created as you type, and test it out, so you know exactly how it will look and work once published.
Want to connect a typeform to another tool or service? Integrate is where that happens.
We have native integrations for MailChimp and Google Sheets (if you don’t see this, it is being rolled out to more users every day), and you can also find a selection of integrations you can use via Zapier. Read more here.
This is also where you can set up your Webhooks. Read more here.
When you’re ready to release your creation into the world, visit the Share panel. Find out more here!
Once it’s out in the wild and people are answering your typeform, you can check out your responses and metrics in the Results panel. This is also where you can download all your typeforms. Check out our Results articles.
Which browsers are supported?
You can use v2 in the latest versions of Chrome and Safari, in Windows and Mac OS.
We’re working on compatibility with Firefox, watch this space!
Download the latest version of Chrome here
Download the latest version of Firefox here
Make sure your Mac has the latest version of Safari
Can I still use the original Typeform?
We’re not abandoning the interface right away, but we’ll start phasing v1 out in early February 2018. Until then, you can switch back to the original interface. Click the back arrow icon to use the v1 interface:
If you want to come back to v2, first click the face icon in the top right of the screen, then My Account in the menu that opens:
Now click Typeform v2 (Beta) to open this tab, where you can toggle v1 and v2 until early February 2018:
I’ve got some feedback about v2, where can I go?
Please contact us through the this v2 feedback typeform.
Where are Help Center articles for v2?
During this v2 alpha, we want you to play around and experiment. We are rolling out our documentation over the following weeks and months.