GDPR stands for the General Data Protection Regulation. Not the catchiest of phrases, but its intentions are 100% good:
- Privacy. Your personal data is more protected than ever
- Transparency. You have the right to see what companies know about you
- Control. You have control over how your data is used
Basically, it’s about putting people first—something we couldn’t agree with more.
So what does GDPR mean for you?
It all started with the European Union’s commitment to improving the data security and privacy of EU citizens. But while we’re based in Europe—Barcelona to be exact—you might not be.
No worries: we treat all people the same. That’s why we’re making sure that everyone who uses Typeform benefits from these new rights, regardless of where they live.
Here’s a recap of the things we’ve put in place so that you’re in control of your data:
- We added a brand new Communications area to your account, so you can choose the content you’d like to receive from us.
- We made sure you can exercise your right to be forgotten and delete your account and data completely.
- We added a new Privacy and Security section to our Help Center.
- We rolled out a two-part email verification process for better security.
Laying the GDPR groundwork
What does it take to get ready for GDPR?
Altogether, we’ve spent over a thousand people-hours getting everything in ship shape before May 25th, when GDPR officially came into effect—really, we’ve been counting.
We’ve also spoken with more than ten other companies and two external auditors to make sure that we got it right.
And we’re not done yet. As part of our commitment to privacy across the company, we’ll be rolling out new security policies and dedicated training procedures to make sure our customers’ privacy comes first. This also meant appointing a new Data Protection Officer: Alejandro, one of the authors of this article. 🙂
In other words, this isn’t a one-off project—it’s an ongoing journey.
Want to stay up to date? Sign up here.