Are you passionate about digital applications? Do you empathize with users? Do you believe that design starts with defining the problem?
Typeform was founded when two designers spotted a problem and engaged their natural curiosity to solve it.
Now, we look to design the future of data collection. Will it be voice? More chatbots? The revival of fax? Whatever it is, we’ll stay true to our design culture—and put users first.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Principal Product Designer to tackle complex problems in a collaborative way.
Here’s Michelle, our Chief Product Officer:
“We’re inspired by our customers and in turn inspiring them with conversational experiences. We’re building a design community at Typeform that’s taking on exciting challenges across the company.”
You’ll team up with other designers in a fast-paced, customer-focused startup. You’ll engage with cross-functional teams that include designers, engineers, data scientists, and product managers.
We all have our quirks and differences, but we're like a big group of passionate, humble and smart people, in a beautiful space full of plants and good conversation. We think it's kind of special, so we wanted to show you Typeform as the living, breathing company we are, rather than just a logo and a typeface. So sit back, and get to know us.
As a Principal Product Designer at Typeform you will:
- Create and drive a user-centered design strategy, implement advanced processes at scale.
- Work with cross-functional product teams to create and deliver meaningful experiences for our customers (and their customers).
- Champion the people who use Typeform. Letting their needs guide us to the best solutions and inform the product roadmap.
- Serve as the voice of the customer from a product design perspective.
- Create innovative ux solutions and visual designs that inspire our teams and customers.
- Own design problems and the solutions from start to finish.
- Iterate and test solutions to check it solves the problem.
- Involve customers in product innovation that delivers value to users and growth.
- Apply a highly skilled level of critical and design thinking and promotes insights that drive forward the creative direction of our organization.
- Promote best practice amongst the company.
- Communicate and evangelize the importance of real customer engagement in the company.
- Encourage others to develop confidence in their ideation and support the development of these ideas through efficient experiments.
- Lead the creation of our design systems and support our standards and patterns.
- Identify gaps where data is needed and work closely with research to fill those gaps.
- Foster an attitude of collaboration across the organisation.
- Work with UX Researchers to understand the user needs, making proactive use of insights to set design principles.
- Work with UX Designers to define structure and layout of the product, informing design choices.
- Mentor, recruit and grow more junior team members
Here’s what we’d like to see:
- You have at least 10 years of design experience.
- You’ve designed many consumer products using emerging technologies for web, mobile, and other devices.
- You find and craft elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- You have a broad range of skills with strengths in visual product design.
- You champion user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- You love mentoring designers.
- You can grow design practices to deliver a unified product, from concept to implementation.
- You’re energized by hands-on work: sketching concepts, defining flows, building prototypes, or polishing final designs.
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and make strategy come to life.
- You’re constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, user research, contextual interviews, and competitive/analogous research.
- You’re proactive, creative, adaptable, and collaborative. You love wrestling with problems.
- You quickly create a range of engaging, elegant, easy-to-use, and technically-feasible ideas.
- You can show us a portfolio showcasing an appetite for designs that push boundaries and take risks.
- You have a degree in design or comparable on-the-job experience.
- You’re fluent in English - it is our working language.
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.