Founded circa 2012 in Barcelona, Typeform was founded by two designers: David Okuniev and Robert Muñoz. Their mission? Make online forms a little more human. Today, Typeform works on the future of online forms. Powering your brand’s interactions with beautifully designed, professional-looking online forms that people just love. Create forms, surveys, quizzes (and so much more) to grow your audience, improve just about anything, and validate (or invalidate) your best ideas.
The most important interaction on the web is the exchange of information between a brand and its audience. And that exchange usually happens through online forms. We believe that even a utility like online forms should be remarkable. Our customers say they get more answers from their audience and even the occasional compliment. Make every interaction count.
Typeform is a team of over 200 people representing over 30 countries. We have offices in Barcelona, Spain and in San Francisco, United States.
About the Team
At Typeform, the Data team is making data our #1 asset. And we know how important that is— our product helps people collect information in the best way possible, by making it conversational.
That’s why we need you. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to work with our Business Development team in a mission to empower data driven decision making by analyzing, segmenting and predicting existing customers and future prospects' behavior.
You will be based in San Francisco and will work across all Business Development areas: Partnerships, Sales, and Reseller, as well as with the newly created Integrations team.
About the Role
This role will be the first Data Team member based in San Francisco and will require strong analytical and data visualization skills, together with the ability to prioritize the most relevant initiatives based on their impact, and a natural drive to influence the Business Development team's roadmap through an outcome oriented mindset.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Spot the most relevant partners, most promising integrations, best agencies for our reseller program, and the biggest opportunities for our co-marketing campaigns through data insights.
- Segment our prospects and leverage machine learning solutions to identify Typeforms's best leads and optimise our sales efforts. Develop MVP machine learning models to predict customer behavior that will eventually get deployed by a ML Engineer/ ML Expert.
- Continuously generate data-driven hypotheses and advocate on testing best practices, contributing to accelerating our testing cycles.
- Continuously improve our data structure. Define benchmarks, goals, and KPIs and develop dashboards to visualize them.
- Communicate results and insights from your analyses to our top stakeholders, including our Leadership Team.
- Liaise and build relationships with the most relevant stakeholders in other teams (e.g. Marketing, Product, CS).
- Collaborate, learn, share, and brainstorm with other data scientists. Continuously keep-up with our data best practices by ensuring communication with the rest of the Data Team based in Barcelona (Data Platform, Data Insights, Machine Learning).
- Mentor more junior members in the organization and help them grow professionally.
Here’s what we’re after:
- You've got 4+ years of experience as a data scientist.
- You are proficient in programming (Python/R is a must) and building queries with SQL.
- You have experience with A/B and Multivariate test design and implementation.
- You've got experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Qlikview).
- You've got experience with statistical modeling/applied machine learning with a focus on business development, revenue growth, sales and/or marketing.
- You're autonomous and scrappy: you strive to learn and enjoy wearing different hats to do the job. You have a great drive to push projects forward.
- You like taking on big challenges—given the appropriate time and resources.
- You value simple and effective solutions over complicated brain-melters.
- You're a great communicator. You can take a complex concept and make it sound simple, using clear visual references to help.
- You're empathic, enthusiastic, and collaborative.
- You enjoy helping others grow through constant feedback and mentorship.
- You're fluent in English and eager to work in a multicultural, international environment.
It'd be amazing if:
- You're proficient with Looker.
- You've got experience with qualitative research (e.g. interviews, surveys).
- You've got extended experience working in the SaaS industry.
- You've worked in a company that's committed to fast growth.
- You've got working knowledge of Big Data technologies (e.g. Spark).
Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—success might be just around the corner 😉
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.