One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the Role
This is a very interesting opportunity for a well-rounded and ambitious Researcher and Manager. We are looking for a Leader who builds upon the good foundation and takes the Research Organization to the next level. This means aligning research to Typeform’s strategy, expanding fields and methodologies, developing team members and finding the right balance between short- / long-term tradeoffs.
We are seeking a Research Director to:
- Motivate, engage and develop a Research Team.
- Continue to attract and retain the talent we need to deliver on our vision.
- Optimize existing research programs and launch new projects which address the right problems, deliver information leading to better decision making across fields (marketing, customer, product, user, competitor etc.).
Here's what you'll do:
- Develop a research vision for Typeform and its customers.
- Manage the transformation into a world class Research organization by creating required capabilities and becoming a true and recognized entity within the industry.
- Own fully the research cycle: development, execution and presentation to the whole Typeform organization.
- Guide the prioritization of research projects based on business impact, finding the right balance between short- / and long-term tradeoffs.
- Identify focus areas, manage goals, quantify research outcomes and thereby drive business improvements.
- Lead valuable research projects across a variety of fields including customers, marketing, product, user, competitors etc.
- Research to identify emerging trends and support future growth globally.
- Conceptualize research projects for our customers and their respondents.
- Develop and coach to build new methodological competencies (qualitative and quantitative).
- Optimize existing research programs such as VOC.
- Collaborate with Tech teams to create a centralized information system about our customers.
- Co-own the development of customer journey maps, personas and segments.
- Together with your team, internal and / or external partners publish reports and papers to advance knowledge in respective fields.
- Lead a team of currently 7 Researchers with various levels of experience and areas of focus.
- Build the right structure to support Typeform by allowing specialties while developing new skills in terms of methods and fields.
- Create an enjoyable, enthusiastic and high performing work environment.
- Build, effectively manage, coach and grow a high performing team.
- Clearly embrace and persuasively communicate values, strategies and objectives; develop a climate of trust in which information and opinions are freely shared.
- Be a champion of Typeform’s values, work cross-functionally and internationally to deliver exceptional employee and customer experiences, while driving shareholder value.
- Partner closely with senior stakeholders in Strategy, Finance, Product, Design, Customer Engagement, Growth and Tech.
- Work with and establish strong relationships with external partners where applicable.
If you join us, you’ll bring significant experience as a Researcher and Leader who has successfully operated in high-growth environments. You combine strategic and analytical thinking, with exceptional methodological skills.
We’re guessing you round out your resume like this:
- 5+ years of running research projects, ideally in the SaaS, Tech, Digital or Internet space.
- 5+ years of managing a Research Team.
- Fast learner who is conceptually versed with the skill to apply best practices in new situations and contexts.
- Proven ability to create new research capabilities.
- Solid working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Broad knowledge across research fields (marketing, customer, product, user, competitor etc.), with a deep expertise in product, customer or marketing research desirable.
- High level of expertise in building Customer Journey Maps, Personas and Segments.
- Work experience of running customer satisfaction, NPS, VOC programs.
- Analytic with experience in quantifying research outcomes.
- A track record of research-led business improvements.
- Previous experience in designing and implementing a single VOC platform and information system.
- Experience working In-house, additional work experience in Research Firms, Consulting and / or at a University.
- Publications in recognized Academic, Business Journals and Magazine of advantage.
- Record of outstanding success at organizations that prize innovation, collaboration, customer service, and sales results.
- Communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills that your employees appreciate and competitors’ envy.
- Leadership that combines persuasiveness, decisiveness, and competitiveness necessary to motivate a team.
- Highly motivated and self-driven individual who loves to learn and grow.
- Experienced working in an international, multi-time zone environment with the ability to work async.
- Confident in collaborating with and presenting to C-Level directly.
- Master level education, PhD preferred.
- This position can either be based in our offices in Barcelona, San Francisco or work remotely.
- Some international travel is required.
Interested? Hit Apply now and show us what you’ve got.
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.