Redirect respondents to a Calendly invite (workaround)
If you’re using Typeform to collect contact information and Calendly to let your responders schedule appointments with you, you can use this workaround to pass contact information from your typeform to your Calendly invite.
For this workaround, we’ll use the Redirect on completion feature in Typeform, but instead of Hidden Fields, we’ll add variables from Calendly to pre-populate invitee information. You can read more about those here.
Here’s how you can work your way around this:
1. Have your typeform with a Name and an Email question and your Calendly invite link ready.
2. Click the + sign next to Endings in the left-hand sidebar. Choose Redirect to URL.
3. Go to Calendly and click Copy link on your invite.
4. Paste your Calendly link in the Redirect to URL field in Typeform:
5. Click the Settings icon on your Calendly event and select Edit.
6. Click Invitee Questions to expand it. The information we have here is Name and Email, so these are the Calendly variables we’ll have to pass on to our typeform.
7. Check the variables used by Calendly for this information in this help article or in the screenshot below.
8. Now type ? after your meeting URL in your typeform, and add the first Calendly variable to the Redirect to URL field, like so:
9. Type @ to Recall information from the Name question of your typeform:
10. Then type & in the redirect field, followed by the next Calendly variable:
11. Now type @ to Recall information from the typeform’s Email question:
12. Now that you have all the variables from Calendly and all the information from your typeform questions, this is what the final redirect URL looks like:
Tada! All you have to do is publish your typeform, and share its link with your responders.
When people submit the typeform with their contact information, the variables you piped into the redirect link will automatically show up in their Calendly invite: