Advanced embed options
If you want to choose how your audience interacts with your embedded typeform in a popup, a slider, a popover or a side tab, the advanced embed feature is for you.
To set up your advanced embed:
1. Go to the Share panel and click Embed in a web page. Select Popup, Slider, Popover or Side tab as your embed type:
2. Alternately, if your typeform hasn't yet been published, click Publish from the Create panel and choose Popup, Slider, Popover, or Side tab in the pop-up sharing menu:
3. Now click Advanced settings on the right hand side.
4. Toggle the switch next to Custom launch options or Close on submit to enable the settings:
5. Toggle on Custom launch options. Click the arrow to open the dropdown list and select one of the options:
You can also toggle Show launch button. If this option is toggled off, the typeform will launch automatically, according to the trigger you've set.
6. Toggle the Close on submit switch. If this option is enabled, the typeform will automatically close after the respondent has submitted their answers. You also have the option to enter the number of seconds after which your typeform will close following submission.
7. When you’re happy with your advanced settings, hit Start embedding:
8. Copy the code and paste it in a website to embed your typeform.
If you're using Wordpress, Squarespace, Webflow, or Shopify to embed your typeform, click on the dropdown to select your website builder for specific embedding instructions.
You’re good to go. Now when people open the page your typeform is embedded into, they’ll see it according to your advanced settings. For example, your typeform will appear when they load the page, and it will close automatically 5 seconds after they submit it.