Customize system messages
You can change the text of the system messages – such as text on buttons – to personalize your typeform, make it more relevant to your audience, or even make it speak different languages.
To customize your system messages, follow these steps:
1. Open your typeform from your Workspace.
2. On the right-hand side of the Create panel, click the Settings menu gear icon and select Messages:
3. Now you can scroll through all the system messages, and change whichever you like.
4. Click on any text on the right to edit:
Play around with them!
Now you can delete the default text, and replace it with anything you want. Click Save to save your changes. At any time you can click Restore default next to a field to change the text back.
If you're using a language other than English in your typeform, the default text will appear in the language you chose, and you can edit it however you like.
The Messages menu contains all the default messages someone sees when filling in a typeform. The message types are:
Interface elements: button texts and tips.
Validation messages: errors on required answers, URL and email validation, minimum number, etc.
Confirmation messages: messages people see when submitting a typeform.
Share on social networks: the sharing text that appears on your Thank You screen.
Other: additional error and tooltip messages
File upload: messages relating to the File Upload questions.
Outside of the Messages menu, you can change the button text on Welcome Screens, Endings, Statement questions, or Payment questions in the Question tab on the right-hand side of the Create panel:
Warning! You cannot change the warning text "x answers need completing", which appears when a respondent has not completed required questions.
Warning! You cannot change the Payment question message "your credit card will be charged €0.00".
Tips for changing system messages
1. Want to use a language that's not yet supported by Typeform? You can still use this language in typeform text and system messages. Just click on the message you want to modify in the Messages menu, type in your text and click Apply.
2. You can edit the default text on the progress bar to either promote your brand or to add messages to your respondents. Here's an example:
3. If you’re using redirect upon completion to redirect your clients to your own page or payment system after finishing the typeform, you can edit the Submit button text to something that implies the form doesn’t end there. Use text such as “Next”, “Move on to payment” or “Go on”. This should increase the number of people who continue to your site after completing the typeform!