Hey developers! Typeform’s Developer Portal is now open, offering our range of APIs and everything you need to work with our platform. Come and look around!
Where do you want your typeform’s data to be sent? Get every submission sent straight to a compatible web app or URL as soon as it’s submitted with Webhooks.
What is a Webhook?
In general terms, a Webhook is simply a notification sent over the web, which is triggered automatically whenever a specific event occurs.
In this case, the event is a new typeform submission. Whenever a new typeform submission comes in, a notification containing the response data is immediately sent to your chosen destination — the Webhook URL which you set in the configuration panel.
Typeform Webhook notifications are sent via HTTP POST request, and the request body (containing the response data) is in JSON format.
Webhooks can be tested by all Typeformers but please note that enabling webhooks is a PRO+ feature. If you need to generate a test URL you can do this at https://requestb.in/
Configuring webhooks for typeforms is easy.
- Open your typeform from your Workspace.
- Go to the Integrate Panel.
- Click the Webhooks tab.
- Enter a Webhook URL. (This is the endpoint which we will make HTTP POST requests to).
- Now click Test Webook to see if it’s working.
- You should see your test, and whether it was successful, in the Recent Requests pane. Just click on the Request ID to display it in a new tab.
Note: If, for some reason, your URL is not currently accessible, you will see a spinning wheel, and no results in the Recent Requests pane. Your webhooks will be sent once it is available again.
- When it’s working, turn your Webooks on, using the switch. You’ll see a pop up message confirming it’s activated:
Congratulations! Webhooks are now active on this typeform, and any new submissions will be automatically POSTed to the specified Webhook URL.