You can change the text of the system messages – including text on buttons – to personalize your typeform, make it more relevant to your audience, or even make it speak different languages.
To customize your system messages, please follow these steps:
1. Open your typeform from your Workspace
2. In the Create panel, click the Settings menu gear icon:
2. This will open the Settings menu. Click on Messages:
3. Now you can scroll through all the system messages, and change whichever you like.
4. Click on any text on the right to edit:
Play around with them! You can view your changes in the Live Preview on the right of the Create panel
Now you can delete the default text, and replace it with anything you want. Click Apply to save your changes. At any time you can click Restore defaults to change the text back.
The Messages menu contains all the default messages someone sees when filling in a typeform. The message types are:
Interface elements: button texts and tips.
Validation messages: errors on required answers, URL and email validation, minimum number, etc.
Confirmation messages: messages people see when submitting a typeform.
Share on social networks: the sharing text that appears on your Thank You screen.
Other: additional error and tooltip messages
Payment: messages relating to the Payment Block.
File upload: messages relating to the File Upload Block.
Tips for changing System Messages
1. You can use this menu to customize system messages or directly translate them to a language that is not yet supported by the Typeform. Just click on the message you want to modify, type in your text and click on Apply.
2. Edit the default text on the progress bar to either promote your brand or to add messages to your respondents, so it looks like this (or whatever text you add).
3. If you’re using the Thank you screen button to redirect your clients to your page or to your own payment system, you can edit the Submit button text to something that implies the form doesn’t end here. Use text such as “Next”, “Move on to payment” or “Go on”. This should increase the number of people who continue to your site after completing the typeform!