You can explore and download all collected responses in the Results section on the Analyze panel of the typeform.
- Where to find your results
- How to work with your results table
- How your results will be displayed
- Network ID
- Be careful when editing your typeform
- Print your results
Where to find your results
You can find the results for your typeform under the Analyze panel / Results section:
- Open a typeform,
- go to your typeform’s Analyze panel,
- go to the Results section.
How to work with your Results table
- Order your data by clicking on the header of each column. This will sort the content of the column in alphabetical or numerical order:
- Filter results for a selected date range by clicking on the dropdown icon inside the date field:
- Search for any text or value that appears in your results table by typing in the search box.
- Show/hide columns by clicking on the “eye” icon:
- Reset filters: remove all filters and search queries.
- Delete individual rows or the whole data set by clicking on the trash icon. Check out this article for more details: Delete responses.
- Download the data as a spreadsheet .xls or .csv format (see the Export results article for more information).
How your results will be displayed
If you use Calculator, a column called “Score” will appear in your Results table, right after the typeform questions. The number displayed here is the total score accumulated throughout the form:
If you have Multiple choice questions with “multiple selections” enabled, your typeform will be forced to display each possible answer in a separate column. This is the simplest way to display results of that setup and for you to be able to track which exact choices your respondents clicked on. Same happens when you enable the built-in “Other” option.
In each results table we also indicate three very useful pieces of information:
- Start Date: This is the column that indicates the date and time when the respondent accessed the typeform link.
- Submit Date: This is the column that indicates the date and time when the respondent submitted their responses.
- The Network ID displayed in your results table is a randomly generated string of characters unique to the IP address of the respondent.
Currently, the times are displayed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). If you need the dates in another time zone, you can export your results and adjust the time zone.
This Network ID is unique to the IP from which the response was collected. It can be used to detect and filter out duplicates, as explained here. Note that it is not the actual IP address of the respondent – we do not collect and store that piece of data.
If several respondents connect through the same network or WiFi, they’ll have the same generated Network ID. On the other hand, if a single person is filling in your typeforms from different locations (therefore different networks) a different Network ID will be associated with each of her submissions.
Be careful when editing your typeform
When editing your typeform, it may have an impact on your collected results.
- You can add a question to your typeform; that will not make you lose data.
- When you need to delete a question, though, you’ll lose results associated with the question or answer option. If you need the collected data, make sure you export your data before deleting the question field.
Print your results
If you’d like to print your results, please see our article on how to Print your typeform and results.