Your Typeform account includes a tool to apply themes from Typeform’s public themes library to your typeforms. You can also design and manage your own repository of custom themes.
A theme consists of:
- A color palette with the color values of the four main elements of a typeform: blocks, buttons, answers and background.
- A font for the text.
- A background image (optional), including brightness and scaling configuration.
To apply a public theme to a typeform, click on the Design droplet icon. You’ll see a list of themes under the Public themes tab and can preview the font and color scheme of each. Click on a theme to apply it. You’ll see a preview of the theme in the Live preview window.
Create your own themes
To create your own themes, follow these steps:
1. Open your typeform and click on the Design icon to open the theme settings. Click on the Create a new theme button:
2. Now give your theme a name.
3. Select a font for your theme from the drop-down list. You can learn more about fonts in Typeform here.
4. Now select the color scheme for your theme. You can select separate colors for the block header, answer, button, and background. Just click on the color droplet menu icon and pick a color from the palette or insert a hex value.
5. You can select a background image if you like, too. There’s more information on adding background images here. When you’re done customizing your theme make sure you click on the Save as new theme button.
6. You can now access your saved theme and apply it to any typeform by going to the My themes tab and scrolling to the bottom.
Editing, duplicating and deleting your themes
Clicking the three dots icon next to any theme gives you these options:
Rename – click this to change the name of your theme
Customize – click this to edit your theme.
Duplicate – If you’d like to edit a theme without changing any other typeforms that use it, you can duplicate it. This will let you edit the theme safely. As it will be saved in My Themes, you can still apply this duplicated theme to any other typeforms you want.
Delete – This lets you delete a theme from your collection. We’ll warn you about how many typeforms us the theme before it’s gone.
If you delete a theme, and affected typeforms will no longer have that theme applied to it.